Sunday, February 26, 2017

Thing 02: Photo Fun

Well, I joined Instagram today.  I took the plunge!  Hoping this finally makes me cool, but I won't hold my breath!  Especially since I am going to have to ask my students for help and advice all the time about it.  They will love it!

I figured out how to post pictures and make comments on them (I posted pictures of my family today and wrote who they are to me in Spanish! I even played with the filters and edited the photos a bit), but beyond that, I am a little lost.  I am trying to determine how I can use this. I have two current ideas.
  1. I could use this as a homework/assignment reminder tool.   I could send out pictures of homework assignments, links or study guides with reminders. 
  2. I could use this for actual assignments.  I could post pictures and have them write stories about them in Spanish.  I could post pictures with a Spanish question attached and they could comment to answer.  I could post pictures with a caption in Spanish and have students translate/respond to it in Spanish.
All of this is great in theory, but what to do about the students who don't have Instagram?  Instagram is also blocked at school.  This is always the dilemma with technology.  A blessing and a curse.  I am leaning towards the first option as this wouldn't actually be an assignment, rather a reminder about an assignment...

Time to play and find out!

1 comment:

  1. Instagram is a fun tool for personal use and a challenge for use in school. How about using it to find photos that others have taken and use them as story starters? Travel photos? Be careful not to do a really broad search like #spain in a public setting! I've learned my lesson the hard way on that sort of thing. :) Eeeks!

    ReplyDelete